The increase in awareness of online marketing over the previous five years has led to the establishment of a new marketing professional, one that deals only in the digital domain. Digital marketing does not only include managing online marketing but it also includes managing wireless media. A smart digital marketer collaborates with the other members of the marketing group to ensure that all online activity supports offline efforts.
To enter this field, an individual must know about the digital marketer job description and digital marketing roles and responsibilities. Before, jumping into that, let’s first see some stats on the growth of digital marketing jobs.
Growth of Digital Marketing Jobs
Consider the very last time you sat in front of a tv screen for a long period. Most of you probably don't remember it. People have turned away from television sets in favor of the internet and the convenient streaming of TV programming. Companies have also switched from traditional marketing to digital marketing, which brings commercials directly to your smartphone or computer screen.
Consumers are likely to put money into end-to-end marketing efforts to get a competitive advantage in the market, therefore the rise of digital marketing roles will only increase over the next few years. Digital Marketing has leveraged technologies to a greater extent and offers a variety of activities to consumers beginning with lead generation, branding, Blogs, Content marketing, and strategy, Advertising, social media marketing, creating and managing campaigns, etc. We will cover all the digital marketing job descriptions in this blog.
Now, that you know the reason behind the increase in digital marketing roles, let’s see the Digital marketing job description for different positions.
Digital marketing job description for different positions
Marketing campaigns and projects can only be as effective as the individuals who plan and execute them. Because more brands and organizations see the value of a sound digital strategy, it's critical to identify the digital marketing roles and duties that make up an effective digital marketing team.
The key digital marketing roles are:
- SEO specialist
- PPC specialist
- Content Specialist
- Social media manager
- Digital marketing specialist
A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist checks, analyses, and adjusts a website to make it more search engine friendly, and the website then ranks higher in searches on major search engines like Google and Bing.
An SEO professional optimizes a website's pages and the company to make sure appropriate search results and a great user experience that directly or indirectly increases website traffic, amount of leads, and also brand awareness.
Let’s see the responsibilities of an SEO specialist and the skills required by an individual.
- To maximize ROI in paid search advertising, run tests, collect and evaluate data and outcomes, and find trends and insights.
- Monitor, report on, and evaluate website statistics as well as PPC initiatives and campaigns.
- Keep track of campaign expenses, maintain within budget, predict monthly costs, and settle differences.
- Give technical suggestions to developers
- Check search phrases, rankings, and statistics regularly to evaluate the performance of websites and give recommendations for improvement.
Skills required to become an SEO specialist
- Genuine enthusiasm for SEO and/or digital marketing
- Proof of a strong online personal profile, such as a blog, website, or contacts and interactions on numerous social media platforms
- A particular technique of search engines and how to leverage social media platforms to share content, earn additional links, and establish effective campaigns
- A strong understanding of public relations and how to send the appropriate messages out there
Pay-per-click (PPC) is online and paid marketing, most commonly through Google AdWords or Bing Ads. PPC specialists are internet advertising professionals who plan and optimize the efficiency of online advertising campaigns.
Let’s see the digital marketing job description for a PPC specialist:
- Designing and planning various PPC ads across various digital channels
- Monitoring current efforts and offering tips on how to improve them
- Trend analysis and data-driven decision making
- Client account management, connection building, and company development
- Creating In-detailed analyses and results of campaigns and projects
Skills Required to Become a PPC Specialist
- Mastery of excel and data manipulation
- A clear knowledge of how PPC fits into the larger context of digital marketing
- Mastery of information processing
- Strong analytical abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to plan strategically and build unique marketing tactics
Content specialists do research on information and consumer trends, establish content strategies, and produce content for a wide range of enterprises in digital and print media. They collaborate closely with the marketing and design departments to make sure the content is compelling & uniform across all media channels.
- Gathering with the creative, advertising, developers, and designers to brainstorm ideas and outline content objectives.
- Material and consumer trends are being researched to guarantee that content is timely and appealing.
- Keeping track of customer and content metrics and producing reports and presentations
- Keeping up with content changes, consumer preferences, and technological improvements.
- Creating content calendars for different platforms of social media and uploading consistent and similar content on all the social media platforms.
Skills Required to Become a Content Specialist
- Good skills with MS Office and Google tools like doc.
- Research skills in social media platforms
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to keep up with industry trends
- Familiar with platforms like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
Social Media Manager
The social media manager is supposed to present the company on different social media channels in a similar way. They try to increase the brand’s reputation on an online platform.
With the common goal of reaching a huge audience, a social media manager manages accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Analyze client expectations based on previous social media engagement.
- Create campaigns for social media.
- Develop ties with celebrities on social media to order to build a strong network.
- Create content yourself or hire a content producer to do it for you.
- Campaigns are monitored and data is analyzed.
Skills Required to Become a Social Media Manager
- Expertise in developing social media campaigns
- Best practices for social networking sites such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other such platforms.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Create interesting posts
- Organized and capable of multitasking
Digital Marketing Specialist
A Digital Marketing Professional, also known as a Digital Marketer, is in charge of helping to preserve a brand by focusing on marketing campaigns. The responsibility includes conducting market research, communicating and brainstorming with other marketing experts, and developing content to help marketing efforts succeed.
- Finalize the place to run ads and campaigns
- Manage and implement email marketing templates and campaigns
- Manage the flow of digital traffic on social media, leads, etc.
- Perform research for increasing ROI on campaigns
- Report the results of campaign performance
Skills Required to Become a Digital Marketing Specialist
- Capability to know and understand your audience via strategic thinking
- Evaluation of all the campaigns and tools via Data Analysis
- Understand the algorithm of various social media platforms and skills in social media marketing
- Knowledge of paid social media marketing
- Reach a larger audience via Email marketing
Skills a Person Working in the Digital Marketing Field Must Have
SEO & SEM
Depending upon the position of an individual, he/she must have a basic or solid knowledge of SEO and SEM. The search engine’s algorithm including Google’s keeps on changing and thus it is important to have a thorough knowledge of both concepts.
Everyone on the digital marketing team must build skills in customer relationship management. It involves analyzing consumer responses and building a strategy that connects them with the brand on a higher level.
Without data analysis skills, the working of campaigns cannot be determined. Data analysis is the process of collecting and processing information to extract information from it.
Master all these skills with our Digital Marketing Course!
How to enter the field of digital marketing
Successfully entering the field of digital marketing depends on marketing yourself. Before that, you need to make sure that you’ve grabbed adequate skills. You can follow the following steps for the same:
Work on your Portfolio
Without prior experience, it is difficult to obtain a job. So, try focusing on personal work that will assist you in developing a portfolio. Contact a local firm or NGO to see if you can do some advertising work as a volunteer, or consider creating some "fake" projects to include in your portfolio.
After you've established the basics of your portfolio, you may consider presenting yourself to potential clients.
Connect with Mentor
Don't know where to look for a mentor? You can discover one in a variety of ways. Look for local Meetup or Facebook groups to meet others in your field. You can also get yourself enrolled in the digital marketing program.
That mentor can help you to gain practical knowledge.
Keep Learning and Growing your Skills
Not in the traditional way, but you can learn and upskill new skills in the domain from an online program. This will help you to provide a competitive edge over others. One of the best platforms to get the skills is Fingertips. We provide training in the digital marketing domain with analytics tools. The course is suited for both fresher and working professionals. Now, is the best time to build a rewarding career in the Digital Marketing domain
The different individuals working in Digital marketing will have different roles and responsibilities and skills required. An SEO specialist, for example, will be familiar with all areas of SEO, including how to boost organic traffic, locate and assess high-quality content, and do competitive studies. A social media manager, on the other hand, will establish a social media strategy that is consistent with the brand's identity, establish a style of communication and content marketing, create and adapt the material for every social media network, and remain current on the newest digital marketing trends.
The digital marketing manager's job is varied and interesting, with a lot of responsibility. Aside from the required communication skills and a talent for dealing with others, there are other areas to know when it comes to the requirements of a digital marketing manager, ranging from the various channels of advertising to customer management abilities and strategic thinking.
If this seems like an attractive career path for you, you may use this article as a starting place to look into the specifics of the position.
1. What are digital marketing job roles and responsibilities?
A Digital Marketing Manager is in charge of creating and implementing strategies to market the products of a firm or brand. They handle multiple channels such as social news channels, Google Ads, website content, and email marketing to offer a compelling and consistent marketing message to their target audience.
2. What is the scope of digital marketing in 2022?
The use of phones, mobile apps, and social media will expand the reach of online marketing in 2022. Marketers will have new ways to communicate with their consumers and customers as a result of this.
3. Is digital marketing a good career in 2022?
Yes, online marketing is a well-paying profession. A marketer at an executive level earns an average income of INR 2,50,000 to 5,00,000. And the normal beginning salary for a manager is somewhere between INR 8,00,000 and 10,00,000.
4. What are the responsibilities of a digital marketing specialist?
There are various responsibilities of digital marketing like Keep track of campaign expenses, maintaining within budget, predicting monthly costs, and settle differences, Managing and implementing email marketing templates and campaigns, and many more.
5. What is the potential of Internet Marketing in India by 2022?
According to Statista, massive development in online marketing would make it a success and create a market worth upwards of INR 539 billion by 2024. Other trends indicate that digital media would increase at a CAGR of 22.47 percent and reach INR 23,673 crores by 2022.